New England Catheter has access to over 100 braiders with capabilities ranging from 8-carrier to 48-carrier configurations. We excel at multiple-strand, fine wire stainless steel braids for flexible fiber optic scopes and we readily manufacture medical braids using all types of wire, tempers and gauges. New England Catheter also has the capability to manufacture braids using various types of flat wire often used to minimize the thickness of tube while providing added strength. We also produce medical braids using textile products like aramid and polyester. Braid configurations often have angles from 20° to 70°, diameters from .030” to 1.00” and coverage up to 96%, however designs are certainly not limited to these parameters.
Our braided products are generally used for catheter tubing reinforcement, endoscopic assemblies and flexible articulation sections. Common customers include original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers, endoscopic repair facilities and academic institutions performing healthcare research. Please contact New England Catheter with all of you braiding needs.
Listed below are some general guidelines of our capabilities, however each order we process is custom designed and manufactured so please contact us to let us know your requirements.
- 8, 12, 16, 24, 32 and 48 Carriers
- Maypole and Rotary Braiders
Braid Reinforcing Details
- Over 2 Under 2
- Over 1 Under 1
- Diamond Pattern
- Variable Pick Option Available
Braid Reinforced Materials
- Ability to vary braid density which can change tubes flex characteristics over its length
- Longitudinal members can be added to change linear and compressive strength of the tube
- Provide cut lengths
- Round Wire (Small as 0.001” (0.025 mm)
- Flat Wire (Small as 0.0003” x 0.002” (0.0076mm x 0.051 mm)
- Stainless Steel
- Copper and Copper Alloys
- High Strength Polymers